Junior Designer / Front-End Developer - Chattanooga, TN
Junior Designer/Front-End Developers at Full Media are entry-level members of the Production department. Our Production team at Full Media is responsible for the design, development, programming, and ongoing support of websites for our clients. The chief responsibility of a Junior Designer/Front-End Developer is to learn as much as possible about the role and responsibilities of a Designer/Front-End Developer (Level 1). Other responsibilities of this role are to:
- Manage multiple projects and priorities for various clients, including:
- Design & develop new websites using the rapid ReadySite development process for new clients
- Creation or modification of compelling graphics for websites in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Client requested edits in preparation for the launch of new websites
- Content migration
- Quality assurance
- Support and enhance existing design, CSS and HTML for client projects post-launch
- Give and receive critiques of design work/UI
- Communicate internally with Designers, Developers, Programmers, Project Managers, and cross-functionally with Internet Marketing Analysts and Sales Reps
- Look for opportunities to support team members with their goals and objectives by proactively taking on tasks that would free these team members up for higher level projects
- Track/manage time, meet deadlines and stay within budgeted hours for a project
- Stay up-to-date on industry changes and trends
- Share knowledge with team members
- Embody Full Media core values
Junior Designer/Front-End Developers have graphic design skills and/or a basic understanding of front-end development with a strong desire to grow in these areas. They are creative, organized, and self-motivated. They have the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and communicate well with team members and clients. They handle feedback maturely and constantly strive to improve their skills and stay current with new website design/development trends. They have a positive attitude and are driven to grow and succeed. Junior Designer/Front-End Developers are able to work effectively and productively with all team members. They execute attention to detail in every task assigned to them. They are able to follow up and follow through with all tasks.
The ideal candidate for this position has prior experience with:
- Graphic or web design
- Adobe Creative Suite
- HTML and CSS
- Microsoft Office
- UI/UX Responsive Design and Development
Lack of experience in these areas, does not exclude the candidate from the position. However, they would need to demonstrate an eagerness and ability to learn these topics quickly in a primarily self-directed capacity with some support from our team.
The goal of the Junior Designer/Developer position is to give new team members an opportunity to learn the processes in our website development department and, while supporting other team members, become comfortable with design and front-end development tasks. Once a Junior Designer/Front-End Developer has demonstrated a proficiency in creating websites within our ReadySite framework, they are a casndidate for promotion to be a Designer/Front-End Developer (Level 1), where they will be responsible for an increased workload in ReadySite development and additional autonomy in managing their development schedule. The anticipated time during the entry-level Junior Designer/Front-End Developer position is 6 months (but this may vary depending on previous experience).
About Full Media
At Full Media, we focus on growing small and mid-sized organizations through Internet marketing and website development. Our team members are relationship-focused, results-driven and committed to improving our clients’ online presence.
Our core values: selfless in relationships, innovative problem solver, low maintenance, growth-oriented and disciplined.